1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ripping of the band aid

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by 143kc, May 1, 2014.

1. 143kc

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Any tips? I'm sick of being closeted. Summer is almost here, and this closet is stuffy enough already, so the humidity will make it uninhabitable. I've dropped tons of hints, but being a very feminine, conservative (in my individual beliefs for myself which I do not wish to push on others), white, middle-class, smart, petite, athletic and semi-shy girl does not help. My mother doesn't accept me, although I told her over 9 months ago, so I've given up on waiting for her compliance with my coming out. How would I even make an instagram/twitter post? Any original ideas?

Thanks!

2. PatrickUK

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It sounds like you are very ready to do this, so it's more a case of how do you want to do it?

You could set up a conversation with everyone, but kiss goodbye to summer if you do or you could simply write a well worded letter or e-mail to everyone you know. It could be the same letter/e-mail. Can't see how you would do it very well on Twitter, with so few characters.

If you are not afraid of the consequences of coming out there are lots of options open to you.