1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I feel like coming out...

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by gaynerd64, May 2, 2014.

1. gaynerd64

Not so sure, though. My grandparents would be angry and I would probably lose what little reputation I have. And of course my parents, as they told me a while ago, would be fine with it but they would blab and it would most likely reach my grandparents and then all of the people at my local church. If it reached my church... Shudder.

2. Monraffe

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It's usually best to do this in stages. Make sure you have people who know and support you before telling people who might have a problem with it. Sounds like telling your parents first might be the best plan. Even if they do blab to your GPs and your church somehow finds out, you'll have a significant amount of support on your side where it counts.

3. GayDadStr8Marig

If you're not sure don't rush it. You accept yourself as gay so you're not lying to yourself. I haven't been able to follow your posts yet so unless you have a girlfriend there's no reason to jump the shark until you know for yourself it is the right time. Even though I knew since early teens that I am gay, it wasn't until last year I finally accepted myself, and then I still took months to find the resolve to come out to my wife. The day I came out I knew when I woke up that morning that I had to do it before we went to bed that night.