1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

help me!

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by nluvwthagrl1010, Aug 3, 2008.

1. nluvwthagrl1010

Wow, where do I start? Well, I am brand new to this site. I came across it when I was looking for people who were in the same or similar situation as me.
    I am 24 and married to a man that I have been with for almost 12 years. We have been married for 3 1/2 and have a beautiful daugnhter. My life was fine until I met--her. I had been with a couple of other women, so my husband knew that I was at least Bi, but now, I just don't know what I am...I am so in love with this woman. I think about her all the time and can't wait to hear her voice.
    At first, when I expressed interest in her to my husband, he said go for it. Cool, huh? Well, she is out and proud, to say the least, so coming out to her was hardly an issue. But, when I told her I was interested in her a couple weeks later, and we kissed for the first time, that was all it took. :help: I thought that we would just have a "fling" like all of my other adventures and I would get it out of my system...well, it didn't quite work that way. I fell in love with her and wanted to spend every waking moment with her. A month later, my husband and I were headed for divorce because of how I was acting. So, I told him I broke it off with her.
    That was a lie! :eusa_naug I talk to her and see her every chance I get. We are in love, but she is in a similar situation, so we aren't just jumping in with both feet. I hate myself for sneaking around, but we have something so incredible, and I want to be with her.
    I love my husband, but not like I used to, and that kills me. :icon_sad: I am much more a lesbian than I am bisexual. That's one thing I know for sure. I just don't know what to do. She ended a 7 year relationship with a woman a few months ago, and she is not in a hurry to jump into another serious relationship. She does share the same feelings for me as I do her, but we just don't know what to do.
    All I can say, is that because of her, I came out to my parents and my closest friends. She just gives me the courage to do and face things I never have before. :thumbsup:
    I look forward to meeting you all! I thank you for listening to my story. I am just glad to be somewhere where I will not be judged. The gay community is so awesome and I am proud to be a part of it! (&&&)

2. -Michael-

The only advice i can soundly give.

Is before you jump into anything, think about your daughter.
    Im guessing shes at a young age so this, for lack of a better word, hassle,
    could cause her some problems.

Other than that, im sorry, but i really can't think of any other advice.

Oh, and Welcome to EC.
    Its the best place to come for the LGBT community.
    Good luck in any choices you make :slight_smile:

3. beckyg

beckyg Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Well first let me welcome you to Empty Closets. My cousin was in the same situation you are. She expressed her desires to be with a woman. Her husband was all for it thinking "threesome yeah!". Well she fell in love with the woman and has been with her since. She realized that she really is a lesbian.

I think you have to do some long hard thinking about the whole situation. Maybe separate yourself from the other woman for a few months and see if those feelings are still there at the end of that time. It would probably help to talk to a counselor also. I would hate to see you throw your marriage out the door for a "mistake". You said the other woman is not ready for a relationship yet so this would give her some time to sort things out too. If at the end of that time, you both still feel the way you do then you need to divorce your husband in the best way possible for your child and move forward.

Good luck with everything!

4. lexie

i think that if you love her, and you have something together, you should absolutely go for it. life is too short, and you only live once.

if you love you're husband, but are not IN love with him, some might say, stick at it, and work at it, for you're daughters sake if nothing else. i say, trying to make a relationship work for you're kids is respectable and honourable but, its not the right reason to stay. and an unhappy/tense home is worse than a broken home. you need to stay because you want to. not because you feel you need to.

my parents split when i was young, and it didnt affect me, nor my sister. i retained a close relationship with both of them. kids adapt if things are done properley.

BUT i think it is a huge decision all the same, to make, since it will affect you're kid. so in the same breath, you need to think long and hard about, if its not just lust, what you really want, what you feel for you're husband and if this feels right for you. really be honest with yourself. how long have you been getting together for? is it worth leaving you're husband when you say she isnt ready to jump into another relationship? cause thats a gamble if she isnt ready.