1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

In the middle?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by wontwalkblindly, May 4, 2014.

1. wontwalkblindly

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I feel really stuck.
    I want to be out and proud and visible and work towards society's acceptance because I feel like I would be happier. But the thought of actually coming out scares me. Not being out; coming out.
    I want to go to parades and wear that rainbow bracelet that everyone has and give advice to closeted classmates and be in a GSA and just ughhh. It all sounds so great but I can't because I'm still in the closet. I want to be out but I don't want to come out. Any advice??

2. gomez46356

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Best advice is don't be afraid you have to realize that some people are not going to accept you no matter what , and put that fear behind you, don't care what people think .
    Those that matter don't care and those who care don't matter, best advice I've ever got and it applies to so much in life, there's nothing wrong with you sociaty looks at gays the same as cripples there just different, but who wants to be normal? ^_^

3. PatrickUK

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Coming out is a journey for all of us, and we all find our own way and our own time to move along and complete that journey. For some, it happens early in life, for others it takes much longer - we don't all live in the coming out 'fast lane' and nor should we. It's not something you should try to force.

I was 22 before I told anyone that I was/am gay. I couldn't have imagined coming out at school, even if I'd wanted to. It was too scary to even consider during school, and frankly it would have been too dangerous for me.

If you are not in the right place to come out yet, don't. But do talk through your fears and worries with us until you feel strong enough to make the first step on your own journey.