1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My school knows im gay , but my brother whos going there doesnt

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Kiss Da Girl, May 4, 2014.

1. Kiss Da Girl

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    So exactly what the tittle says , my brothers going to be going to the same school as me next year and I really needed more time then this to figure out how to break it to just him and make sure he doesnt spill it to the whole family .

What do you guys think I should do , because you know being in highschool and all with the gossip he is going to find out and I am sure he will bring it up .

Please help !!!

2. mangotree

It's always better to find out first hand than through the grapevine.
    Note that most guys (unless he's really enlightened and sensitive) need to be told things plainly and in the simplest way possible so they don't have to read between the lines.
    That's all I've got, sorry.

3. Kiss Da Girl

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I hope its that way with him , but im afraid it wont be and that he will freak out and not want to be around me after that . Or because hes a teenaged boy , he will start treating me the way his freind might . I dont honestly know what I am hoping for in the best cas senerio .

4. mangotree

I think the only thing you can do is trust your gut instinct.
    The brother and sister friendship is a very unique and special one (usually). If this is the case for you 2, then you can probably trust what your gut tells you.
    Is there a possibility that he might actually think it's awesome to have a lesbian sister?