1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What would you have done?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Spark, Aug 4, 2008.

1. Spark

Spark Guest

So last year, by that i mean school year, i had a serious crush on this guy in my drama class named Micheal. We didnt have assigned seats but we were friends with the same group of guys so we were always sitting fairly close to each other.

Anyway, i never really noticed him because i was too busy bitching about being in drama class against my will lol Then one day i was sitting in the desk in front of him and i was turned sideways listening to Mama C (thats what we called our teacher) and i noticed out of the corner of my eye he was kind of staring at me. And thats when i noticed his pouty lips and puppy dog eyes.

well over the course of the semester i found myself staring at him and sometimes i might look up and he was looking at me but then he would look away. And everytime this would happen i would get this jolt of happiness within me (that doesn't sound weird does it? lol).

But we never really talked to each other, he was quiet to begin with, and i was so nervous to talk to him. But dont get me wrong we did talk a bit, but that was more towards the end of the year.

So, to make a long story even longer, school ends, i never told him how i felt. And i even came out just to see if he would make a move then. he didn't. I cant even begin to tell you how many dreams of him i had.

My point is, what would you have done? Do you think i shouldn't have been such a weenie and tell him?

2. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I wouldn't necessarily have said "Hi, I'm gay and find you interesting." But I would've pressed the case a bit. Talked with him more. Asked him to work on a scene with me. Maybe go see a play in town. You know, try to get a relationship going, be it a friendship or something more.

Lex

3. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi there! I wouldn't worry about it. You said it, and I guess the good thing that came of it is that you came out to him. That said, I do agree with Lex though. I would have tried to get to know him more to see if a relationship has a chance of developing. I think it is alway best to take your time with these things.

But as mentioned, I wouldn't worry about it now. This experience might allow you take things slower the next time.

Hope this helps!

4. ctw0625

ctw0625 Guest

yes, i agree with lex and asteroid. im sure i wouldnt have said, "hey, *name*. i know you don't really know me very well, but im gay and think you're attractive. are you interested?" i would have put more effort in getting to know him, spend time together, just get to be friends. if my feelings still hadn't changed after we'd known eachother better and he wasn't obviously straight i'd have come out and seen what happened.

5. Spark

Spark Guest

You guys are right, i really shouldn't worry about it. Its sand under my shoes now.

6. cm25

cm25 Guest

I agree with led I wouldve talked to him and became friends cuz u know a relationship cant can't just pop up out ofnowhere u gotta want it and work towarda it. But there's always next year right?

7. Lychee

Nothing you can do about it now, except worry (which is completely pointless)

So don't regret anything, and maybe next time something like this happens you should try to do what all the others suggested and make friends with him more.

:]

8. jony8472

Geez, it's impossible to beat Lex and Asteroid...
    but yeh, I agree 'I'm gay, I like you' Try and avoid that.
    School ends? See him outside school? Possibility or not? If it is just head out and do something=)
    Then, school starts back up yes? Try again the next year=}

(I probably wouldn't've done anything and just let him walk away). So, just go for it=)

9. Derek the Wolf

Try not to dwell on it. We all have crushes on certain people. They usually end up being nothing. I wouldn't have told him until I got to know him better. You never know why he was looking over at you, he may not have been interested in you like that at all.

Try to build a friendship with this guy. Get to know him. Become closer. Then, when you feel ready, you can tell him you're gay. Don't expect him to be overjoyed and tell you he is too. It may come as a shock to him, and he may be straight. NEVER make assumptions regarding a person's sexuality. That doesn't mean you can't try though: just be ready for a negative response. I'd say give it a shot.