1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Facing parents in parents

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by GayNurse95, May 6, 2014.

1. GayNurse95

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I recently came out to my parents as a lesbian.
    They do not condone it an don't let me express my identity at home from it. It is very frowned upon. I get lectured if I wear a rainbow band.
    Anyway, I am going full out Butch lesbian, since I feel EXTREMELY masculine.
    I got some men's jeans at walmart as well as some men's deodorant and a men's watch.
    I wear boxers too.
    I have to ask you all, is it normal to enjoy this?
    Also, how do I explain this to my parents?
    I was like this earlier in life, and I was forced to change to be more feminine. I hated it.
    Now, I am going back to it, and it feels so right.
    I know that they will try to change me or make me "be more feminine" when I really don't.
    They may send me to therapy for this.
    What should I do? I don't want to be girly!
    P.S. we are a super conservative family, and I am myself. I know that being gay isn;t a choice, but they think it is. It hurts.

2. of course its normal.

wearing clothes you like is fine.
    you dont hav eto explain your dress sense to your parents at all. its just how you dress. how do you explain why you dress the way you do? you cant.... you just like what you wear, simple.

you could perhaps have a change of clothes in your bag when you do go out and want to dress the way youre not allowed to. so you can change in the toilets when you go out or something? or when out with them perhaps point out women who are dressed masculine and say something like i like what shes wearing. or something?

3. polarpol

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    This is meant as a joke. To make a lighter atmosphere:

You could resort to trolling "Why are you wearing women's clothing? Society said so?...Well, you know what else society has made people do? Footbinding! Corsets! Lip piercing! I won't dress as a woman until you have done all those things, mom! Conform to society!"

Though we haven't discussed my sexuality, my mom doesn't argue with me anymore. Troll logic works for all the wrong reasons.

4. AmiBee

You are completely normal. You will feel happiest and most comfortable wearing the clothing that you choose. I hope your parents will come around and be more understanding. Just know that you are who you are and it's ok. Hugs.