1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Short Story- have a read :)

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by BB444, May 8, 2014.

1. BB444

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Hi all. I have recently come out in the last 3 months. I wrote this short piece about it. Feel free to have a read and comment. Just how I felt. :slight_smile:

Coming Out.

They wouldn’t register on a set of bathroom scales but weighed heavily on my shoulders. Sometimes, they would dance on my tongue, longing to escape but usually they were buried deep in my gut. Safe and deep, tucked away for good. Like a food poisoned stomach, shuddering in an attempt to expel what was making it sick, the words refused to stay tucked away. They clawed their way out. Creeping and clawing, they made it to my lips. Decision time. Tuck them away again or free them? No choice. Tell my sister. Tell my friend. Tell my mum. Scary relief. The words were free and so was I.

2. ChameleonSoul

This is the most accurate thing I've ever read. You really do feel that sense of burden lift off of you when you do let someone finally know.

3. BB444

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Thanks GotArt97. I'm not a writer or anything but just felt like writing something more general rather than discussing/ talking from my perspective. Glad you liked. :slight_smile:

4. SaleGayGuy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Thanks for sharing that. It's amazing that just saying those 2 words can have such an impact on us and help set us free from depression.

Sale Gay Guy

5. BB444

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    You bet Sale Gay Guy. Hope things are well for you mate!