1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

High School Problems

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Briehn, May 8, 2014.

1. Briehn

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Hi there.

Well my name will stay anonymous but my username can give it off if you know who I am.

I'm currently a freshman in highschool, and I've known I was gay since the 3rd grade. It was pretty weird.

I'm pretty new here and I just wanted to ask for some help in my love life. I'm not in a relationship at the moment, but I have some hopes of this guy.

The bad part is, I don't know if he's gay or straight. I mean, he acts straight, but there a few moments where it just feels great when we talk. I don't wanna be bias'd and say "Fine, he's straight because he plays sports.". I've tried to see if he can show any more signs of him being more gay than straight, but I just can't. We've talked a lot and I just met him this year, but we've had moments where we would just smile at each other. I've also found out that he hasn't had any girlfriends, but that is countered by the fact that he has a retainer. Recently, I overheard him mocking his friend and he said something about his friend's sister giving him a blowjob. And that was the first time I've ever heard him talk like that, so I thought it was just a way to cover up more. School's ending soon and I really want to find out. I wanna try and start hanging out with him outside of school, but it'll make it more awkward. And no, I did not come out yet, I'm still planning that.

Any advice will be helpful. Thanks in advance.

2. PatrickUK

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Have you ever spoken to him about anything to do with gay issues/rights in general conversation? If not, it might be worth a try to see how he responds. Nothing heavy, just something to check his reaction.

If he responds in a positive way it could help you to talk to him more about yourself and how you feel. What do you think?

3. Briehn

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I've thought about doing this, but now a days, it's pretty weird to start a conversation like that. To add on to this, we usually don't have flow blown conversations. We have 4 classes with each other, including lunch, but we're pretty separated in 2 of them (Gym / Lunch). In my other 2 classes, we're not that far apart, but we're far enough to be noticed when talking. In the hallways, we usually have short conversations because he usually speeds off to class (Another reason why I think he's gay, probably insecure, always is speed walking to class for no reason). And I'll have no idea what to say to even begin a conversation.

4. PatrickUK

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Are there any ways that you can think of that will give you a bit more time together to talk about things in general, just so you can get to know him better? It sounds like you have really limited opportunities to talk right now, apart from in hallways before he speeds off. Think you need that time to get to know him a bit more.

5. Briehn

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    It's pretty hard, I've tried, but it's pretty hard to talk with him. I really want to get to know him because this is the first time I've thought of someone that I liked and not like "Oh, he's hot, I want him.". I plan on inviting him to movies with a couple of friends and I, but it's just asking him since we're not really best-est of friends.