1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

GCSE's

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by wolf of fire, May 9, 2014.

1. wolf of fire

I am about to take my GCSE's and I'm wondering if now is a good time to come out or should I wait until after my exam, I don't want to keep putting it off.
    Any advice would be welcome thanks

2. PatrickUK

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    If not being out is weighing on your mind and distracting you from revising and getting the best grades possible, then it might be a good idea. The reason I emphasise might though, is because you will have to deal with everyone's reaction to you coming out too and there are no guarantees with that. Could be good, could be bad, or a mixture of good and bad. Are you going to be able to deal with all of that on top of your GCSE's?

It's your choice, but if you can manage until after the exams, that would seem to be the best approach. You don't need anymore stress right now.

Good luck with exams and coming out. Let us know how it goes :slight_smile:

3. wolf of fire

Thanks, my parents are the issue, if people at school have a issue their issues are not my responsibility

4. Daniel003

Maybe try telling more friends rather than everyone
    It might make it a bit easier

5. wolf of fire

Thanks, I should have mentioned my Mum works at my school (I'm not joking) and if I did she would find out

6. FrenchKid98

Hey :smilewave

I'm also doing my GCSEs (well IGCSEs as I'm not in the UK) so good luck to both of us :slight_smile:
    As for coming out, I had a similar situation as I came out 2 days ago to one very good friend while I was at home during free time in between exams days (my school only requires us to show up for exams and rest of time is free for studying or anything else). I really wanted to tell a friend at school and it was kinda bugging me and distracting me from studying so I did it and I feel relieved :slight_smile: For me everything went smooth and he accepts me and is not gonna repeat it so if you come out to one friend then it might be possible to keep it away from your mom if you know one of your friends will accept you and not repeat it.

Good luck :thumbsup:

7. wolf of fire

Hi, thanks for that I am going to tell my Mum tommorow, yell at me if I don't, so wish me luck and all that. Good luck with your IGCSE's