1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Why Does It Stress Me Out?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by bornthiswaybby, May 9, 2014.

1. bornthiswaybby

Hey guys, I haven't posted in quite a while...

I was just hoping someone could give me advice... For some reason, every single time I tell someone about me being gay I just get really nervous and after I tell them I stress out and always regret it. It's kind of annoying because in some ways I just want to be myself, but telling people just stresses me out. My family doesn't really accept it so we haven't even discussed it since I came out because they're ashamed I guess. But I just don't know what to do because I want some friends to know, but I always stress about it, plus I don't think I should tell everyone since I'm in highschool. I just feel like I'm in a sticky situation. Advice? :icon_sad:

2. rainmustfall

rainmustfall Guest

The first couple of times you tell someone are really hard. I know I kept trying to tell people and chickened out for a long while. I remember the first person I tried to tell was my cousin, but I changed what I was going to say at the last second and completely choked. It was many years after that before I finally said something. All I can say is the more you say it, the less stressful it will be. Eventually I found I was completely comfortable with telling people and even had fun coming up with creative and funny ways to tell them.