1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Given up.

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by hehehey2006, Aug 5, 2008.

1. hehehey2006

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm just wondering how many here have given up on love and relationship in general, I mean how much is it really worth it to go trough it, you could spend your whole life thinking that maybe one day you will find someone but what if it doesnt, what if all you got for the rest of your life is just memories and pain what makes it worth it? and dont say the happiness that it brings once you find it cause well that's just a big if.

Loads of time I now think I wish I never was gay or that I never came out, that way I could just go and find and make a family I'm 24 and I got nothing at least if I had kids I would have something to hang on for, something to wake up in the morning for, I'm not one that likes to work or is driven for himself, I dont really care about myself.

2. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I hadn't given up on love, but I was pretty sure one wasn't in the cards for me. I'd been single and solo for several years, my social life was close to non-existent, and my chosen career looked like it was about to blow up in my face.

Then, y'know, I met this guy.

Will it happen to you? I don't know. But I do believe that life is a journey, not a destination. It doesn't matter what happens or where you are at the end. What matters is - did you enjoy the trip?

You sound like you're not enjoying the trip. Take some time to think about how you might. Because I think it's possible. For all of us.

Lex

3. hehehey2006

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I used to enjoy the trip everyday, i've had a guy falling for me just because of how much I really did enjoy the trip, but I dont like to travel alone if you get what I mean, I'm so tired of all of this, I've given all I had and is gone, not gone forever hope is still there but I dont know if I even wanna try anymore, it took me 23 years to find someone and within the space of 3 months I went from an all time high to an all time low, and I mean really low, to the point where I was always scared to die the next day and now that doesnt scare me, dont get me wrong I'm not going out and killing myself but if it happens i wouldnt be scared, I could stare at a barrel of a gun and not flinch before just the tough would make me chill.

4. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It didn't take you 23 years. You definitely weren't searching for the first twelve, for one thing. :slight_smile:

You have the right idea. The more you enjoy the trip, the more people seem to enjoy you. You got there once. You can get there again. Yeah, it'll be a climb. Yeah, it'll take work and time. But you remember how much ass it can kick. And it can kick ass again. So you know it's worth it.

You didn't give it all. You always have more to give. Take some time to feel crappy, if you feel you need to, and then start the climb. And enjoy the view on the way up. :slight_smile:

Lex

5. biisme

Don't give up on love and relationships. Think of all the people you have left to meet in the world! Think of all the people that find their partner when they're older!

You have to have the bad, to be able to appreciate the good. The good will come.

6. Derek the Wolf

Searching for love is a lot like trying to find a light switch in an unfamiliar room. Some people stumble around, hurt themselves, and some people find it right away. Sometimes you think you've got it, but it turns out that just controls the fan. You may not find love right away in life. Sometimes it will take you a long time. Keep the dream alive, cause once you hit that light switch, your whole world just gets that much brighter. Never stop searching for love. I've felt the feeling, and if I have to, I'll search the whole damn world to find it again. Love does make life worth living, and hope for love can drive you to do anything. Don't get too desperate, because there is someone out there, just for you.

7. Bryan

yeah... I have on few occasions, particularly when I have had my heart broken, but I can sympathize, it is really hard to find a gay lover, because only 1 in 10 men are Gay. But, I am sure, that you will find the right guy sooner or later.