1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Assembly

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by AJ2014, May 10, 2014.

1. AJ2014

So me and my gay guy friend are going to speak in an assembly next month about being gay its going to be in an assembly about bullying and accepting peoples differences. And basically im shitting myself i want to do it but its scary as only my colse friends know im gay and i will be telling i think half the school (not y year as we will be on study leave) but still scary. it wont be for very long but it is still nerve racking. heres the speech has anyone got any advice.

Amy: This is something close to my heart so I hope being up here hells one person not many people know this but im gay iy might be a shock it might not but now you know im gay I hated myself for so long because I felt this way, I hid it and tried to o push it inside but I couldn't. I did it as I thought everyone would hate me and I thought I was alone but I was wrong there are people that loved me for me and lots of other people are going though the same.

darren: You might say why is she telling you well a study has shown that up to 20% of people in one point of their life struggle with thier sexuality . Also we both believe in equal right for not just the LGBT community but everyone. Nevertheless of what we feel bully still occurs I have the comments your gay or fagot which yes I smile of but do get me down and make me angry and made me feel for a time worthless

Amy: I myself haven't had these comments but I haven't been out but I have seen them and this I think prolonged the hate I had for myself.

Amy: So what we really want to say is if your dealing with any kind of abuse of bullying speak out and if you are questioning or struggling with your sexuality dont hate yourself as your beautiful and brave and if your ready speak to someone it helps

2. Wow, you're really brave to do this. Well done!

You've made a great start with the speech - it looks like you have quite some time before the assembly - i'm sure there are lots of people on here who can help you make this into something really awesome. Do you mind me asking what age you are?

3. AJ2014

thanks and im 16

4. Bolt35

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    it's pretty cool that you're doing this. and in front of a school it's nerve wrecking. you do have a lot of time to present yourself. you could better with the speech, it's a great start. try expanding it a bit more to things on how it could affect a person's life like suicide or eating disroders(if you have the time). it's important for people like you to send the message the best way anyone can understand.

5. lovely lesbian

I agree it is pretty cool you are doing this but I'm sure you be awesome and hopefully help more people to come out.

6. Radioactive Bi

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It's great your doing this. I think it's good to improve visibility of LGBT people and the issues that can go with that. It's also good for them to see that really, you are no different to them in any other way except your sexuality. At the end of the day we are all just people.
    Are your going to have a Q&A at the end so they can ask questions if they want? If you are willing to do that you may be able to fill in the gaps with their knowledge and preconceptions about LGBT.

Happy days :slight_smile:

7. peace2day

Nice one! Been trying to get my school to let me but everyone seems to be rejecting the idea. It's really nice to see some schools being able to support others and hopefully more people will feel comfortable to come out! One up for team LGBT and one up for you! :grin:

8. AJ2014

thanks guys going to keep working on it keep you updated