1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I told my friend i am bi when i am gay

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by ardard, May 10, 2014.

1. ardard

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I told my friend that i was bi when i am actually gay, i told her this because she is the first person i came out to. i didn't want it to ruin our friendship or for her to judge me so i said i was bi because i thought if she were to flip out she would flip out less if i told her i was bi. it turns out that she is perfectly fine with it so now should i tell her that I'm gay. :eusa_doh:

2. JSway

JSway Guest

I'm not sure if i should be someone to give any advice (I'm struggling with coming out myself)

But i can tell you that i had a good friend in college who did the same thing. First he told a close female friend that he was bi. She then (i assume with his permission) told a bunch of us, who were also his friend and or roommates. He is 100% the alpha male type of guy (even called me gay because of my music before he came out) so it was a surprise but everybody was very cool with him still.

Then about a week our two later he told us all that he was actually gay and not bi. By that time the traction was "meh, whatever".

3. Yossarian

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Of course you should; you are already out to her anyway; you are just refining your definitions.

4. oliro

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I don't think that you shouldn't say that you are gay...
    If she is fine with it, go for it