1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need some more advice, please.

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by hehehey2006, Aug 6, 2008.

1. hehehey2006

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    So here's what happened I was talking to my Ex he was saying the reason why he broke up with me is because he didnt see me as used to anymore, all he sees now is a friend, even tho he would would want to keep on going he's trying to get over me as well, so now I really wanna know if there's anything that I can do to try and fix this, maybe try and get him to see me again as a boyfriend over a friend, I was thinking that maybe if we can on a few dates for a while rather then going fully out again maybe he will see me again as a boyfriend, anyone has any suggestions? I wanna get over him but i dont seem to be able to give up on him yet...

2. ctw0625

ctw0625 Guest

I agree. Nobody can or should be forced into a relationship that they aren't interested in. If you think he's not sure or confused, you could talk to him about it, ask when he noticed the change and whether he thinks it's reversible. If this isn't something he wants to or thinks he can change, it's time to move on. There are more than enough men out there, so you shouldn't be afraid of being alone if that's what you're thinking.

3. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    >>>now I really wanna know if there's anything that I can do to try and fix this.

Yeah. End it. Completely.

As long as you keep thinking that this is salvagable, you're not going to be able to get on with your life. You'll be spending all your time and energy into trying to fix something that's beyond repair. And that's not what you should be spending your time and energy on right now.

Best bet - end it pleasantly, and take a break. Stay on good terms, but cut contact for awhile. Not even "just hanging out as friends". Because as long as he's on your radar, the temptation to keep things going is going to be there. Focus on getting your life back on track, instead. Hang out with your other friends, make new friends, and start rebuilding your self-esteem. Once you're in a better place, you can go back to "hanging with your ex".

Lex

4. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi there! Although it might be hard at first, I think it would be good if you try to move on as best as you can. Trying to get back together again, will only expose you to even more emotional distress and pain down the road. I know, it is hard to get over someone but with time you will.

I agree with Lex that the more distance you are able to gain from him, the better it will be for you. Try to spend more time with other friends and/or try to make some new friends. Try to stay busy, so that your mind does not focus on this particular aspect of your life. Do whatever you like doing which will help you to get your mind to focus on something else.

Yes, you can have a friendship with him, but built in some space between the two of you. Once you have overcome the disappointment you will be able to see him as a friend. Other and better people will come into your life. You will find someone who really wants to be with you.

I hope this helps!

5. Derek the Wolf

Relationships always fall apart for a reason. You need to get over him, because in your case, that reason isn't going away. If two people's personalities don't properly mesh, then they never will. You shouldn't marry someone you don't like cause you think you can change them, this is exactly the same situation. I wouldn't even stay too close of friends with him, because the more time you spend around a friend, and the more romantic feelings you develop with him, the harder it's going to be for you to let go of him. I know it's hard to let go, but sometimes that's what you have to do to take a step forward. (*hug*)