1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need help coming out

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Psych, May 12, 2014.

1. Psych

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Hello, I've fully realized recently that I am attracted to more than just 1 gender, but I've only told my closest friend. I want to tell my family, but I don't know how. While I'm pretty sure my family would accept me, I just don't know how to phrase it, so any help would be appreciated! :icon_bigg

2. zygnomic

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    You wanna be as serious as possible so it doesn't come out as a joke. If they are accepting maybe just start out by telling a sibling, then moving out to your mom/dad then the other. I wouldn't suggest blurting it out over a family dinner ;D and Congrats i hope it goes well

3. Projectfabulous

Ironically, that is exactly how I told my mom, dad, sister, and brother-in-law and it worked fine. haha but it is different for different people.

Personally, I didn't want my coming out experience to be super emotional and serious, so I came out in many not so serious ways (jokes, stories, etc.). I would say just take int to consideration your family dynamic and how you interact and come out as you see it appropriate, whether it be telling a sibling and working you way through the rest of your family members, telling a joke, or having a serious conversation. Just do it in a way that feels right.

4. Psych

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Thanks for the assistance, I will be sure to take into consideration what you guys said, but I might have to think it over a little bit! :grin:

5. Envira

I dropped subtle hints until they asked me. Try to summon the courage to say something and just explain your process a bit and then tell them. I'm sure it will work out fine.