1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Questioning in College

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by xopinkox7237, May 12, 2014.

1. xopinkox7237

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Hi, I am a 19 year old girl and I just started college this past year. Over the course of this year I have made many close friends, one being a lesbian. I have questioned my sexuality before but kinda just put it to the side and it didn't feel too serious. I am really close to her and she tells me about her relationships and everything and i just became curious. I been thinking more and more into of me being gay over the course of this year and many things just make sense. I get super nervous around boys that i can barely talk to them and frankly it feels awkward. I have never had a boyfriend or even kissed a boy, and I am still physically attracted to them. Like if i ever had the chance i would kiss one, but I have such an easier time talking to girls and slowly i am finding them more and more attractive. Right now I could not picture myself dating a boy, but i could picture myself marrying one, but i could also picture myself dating a girl right now, but not marrying her. I feel like i am slowly coming to terms that I am gay and i just need to get out of the mindset that i am not going to marry a man just because that is what i am in society terms supposed to do, but i am also scared that this is just a college phase. I could really use some advice right now if anyone can help.

2. ocguy1126

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Hello, I feel what you are feeling too in a way. The thought of marrying another man is...well, a lot to handle with what society has us think is 'correct' today. It could just be a phase, but it might not? It's never to late to try things. Remember, do what makes YOU happy, not what makes others pleased.

Take care <3