1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Depressed and Hurt

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Lil Shorty, May 13, 2014.

1. Lil Shorty

:help: Hi my name is Isabel. My dad knows i am bi. He basically told me that he thought it was b.s. and that if i didnt want to tell people that meant it was probably wrong for me to think like that. My dad said if i didnt act right he would tell the entire family. He makes snide comments about the lgbt community and the lgbt clubs. He says it is a disgusting life style and that it makes him sick. He knows it hurts me he can see it in my eyes but he just doesnt care. He has almost basically shunned me. I dont know what to do. I cry myself to sleep. Im so depressed. Any advice will be greatly appreciated.

2. Black Raven

Black Raven Guest

As hard as receiving such a reaction from your close family may be, try to gather confidence and energy from that you know who you are. Nobody can take that away from you. Be proud of knowing yourself and who you are, even if that is easier said than done.

There is nothing wrong with you, there is something wrong with them for treating you this way.
    At your age, there is the obvious issue of not being able to do much on your own.

Any other relatives that are more understanding, anyone who could back you up, maybe help you in a big talk with your dad? I think having someone to back you up would really help you deal with your family.

As is, are you feeling up to talking about it with your family again, or would you rather just have a shoulder to cry on here, or a place where you can rant? I can both be a shoulder and a punching bag, and there are many others here eager to give you support.

(*hug*)

#2 Black Raven, May 13, 2014
    Last edited: May 13, 2014
  3. Lil Shorty

I don't think talking to him about it is a good idea anymore and no one else but my sister is open minded about it. It is better if I don't bring it up to them anymore. I just need time to heal. Since then he hasn't said a word to me. My family will disown me if I tell everyone. I was told that. I just want to scream and throw stuff. So much for they would always support me. I am their blood they should love me for me no matter what. All my friends parents accept me. My neighbor is like my mom she helps me with this a lot. Sometimes I feel like running away

4. Black Raven

Black Raven Guest

I'm so sorry. I'd take you under my wing and protect till you can fly on your own at legal age, simply to give you a chance to really be who you are out in the open, but that's quite impossible. All I can do is share your pain and give you a digital hug. (*hug*)

It is painful to hear them force you to keep quiet about it, and threat you with disowning you. As hard as the current situation may be, running away is not a solution. It'll leave you stranded with nothing, and you'd be much more vulnerable, no matter how horribly wrong your parents treat you.

At 14, you simply don't go out into the nasty world and make your own path. There are too many risks of things happening that will scar you for life, worse things than the mistreatment your parents are giving you - Humans can be evil beings. So please, don't just run away, for your own safety. If you really can't go on, try foster care, but that's very drastic and I'd advise you NOT to do such a thing at your age.

Just try to stay alive and spend as little time with hateful people and as much time with people who accept you. Stay true to yourself, and be certain of who you are. One day, you will be able to live out in the open. One day, you will be independant. Look forward to that day!

#4 Black Raven, May 22, 2014
    Last edited: May 22, 2014
  5. girlpower

Isabel.. Hi! i think Raven has very well put it. I would also suggest not to run away at this age atleast. stay calm.. you have enough time.. a lot more to see and learn. there is no such hurry... you can finish your studies or anything you like to do.. once you start earning and are able to live on your own, ready to face the world.. then you can take the call to move wherevr you want to, but till then have patience. life is bful.. you never know whats in it stored for you... till then be patient.. stay cool :slight_smile:

6. Rosepetal

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I agree wait til ur 19 nd in college then do whatever u want