1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

OK, my cousin need help!

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by crimsonarcher, Aug 7, 2008.

1. crimsonarcher

I had to ask EC for help. Ok, he's 15, and recently had a long-distance relationship with someone in Indiana- I know. How? Well, anyways, he broke up with him recently also, after only a month of dating, and he feels so horrible about it. I honestly don't know what To tell him, because, frankly, he hardly knew who was on the other line, and to top things off, he did stuff with a straight guy here in my city, and doesn't regret it at all. He calls me every so often and tells me how hard it is. I sympathize, but what do I do? I'm afraid he'll resort to some dangerous extreme, such as wrist-cutting. How can I help him?
    :frowning2:

2. Ronnie92

First you need to calm him down if you think he is suicidal or going to start cutting himself. I had a friend who did that also after she and her boyfriend broke up. It was a long bumpy road and she almost seriously hurt herself more than once but after some time she finally got over it. You just need to be there for him and keep him from going over any edges.

3. Sam

Sam

Well I would start by letting him know that you are there for him if he needs you and then I would make sure he understands that no guy is worth having suicidal thoughts over and tell him that he will find someone and not to worry too much about being alone.

4. Ronnie92

Thanks for adding to mine i kinnda did'nt know what else to say

5. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi there! Be there for him. Call him and and make sure he is alright. Try to tell him that there are other guys out there that will want to get to know him and that with time he will. Things will fall into the right place.

When you talk to him, let him know that he should try to move on and he shouldn't spent anymore time thinking about it as it is not worth it. He should not contact him. Try telling him to keep busy with things that he likes doing and he should try making some new friends. Soon, he will have forgotten all about the guy.

Let him know that you are there for him when he needs to talk.

6. Knowing Me

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Talk to him, let him know you are there for him and that you support him. He should forget about the guy and you can help him do that by talking to him and trying to get him out and about.

Good luck.

7. biisme

Like everyone else has already said, the best thing you can do for him is to convince him that you're there for him.. And then be there for him. He'll need support and love more than anything. He also needs reassurance that life will get better, and it will.

8. Derek the Wolf

The best thing you can do for him is talk to him. When people are that distressed, usually the best way for them to sort out their problems is unload them on another person. If you can be there for him, listen to him, and put in a few comforting words, that's probably all he's going to need. If you're afraid he's going to turn suicidal, you can talk to him directly about suicide. Don't worry about putting the idea in his head. Even if you have no idea what to say, simply your presence, understanding, and acceptance is probably all he's gonig to need to get through this tough time.