1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Why the Hell am I such a coward?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by The username, May 16, 2014.

1. The username

Bare with me if this is bad. I am drunk.

Me and my best friend were drinking tonight (or morning lol). She finally passed out and I am now posting this.

I planned on coming out the next time I saw her. Granted, I thought the next time I would see her was in June - we don't live exactly near each other, yet today she asked me (spontaneously) to come over. So it was a little pre-mature, and I had less "planning."

1) DA FUCK is planning? Nothing ever goes as planned. EVER. Why can't I do it?!?!??!
    2) I have nothing to loose. FFS, I met her my freshman year because she was friends with my gay roommate.

I drove 1.5 hours to get back up to Northern Virginia through shitty monsoon traffic. Please help me do it. I feel ready. But I don't. But I do. But i don't. But I do. FFS. Give me motivation to do it later today. It would actually be better to do when sober :slight_smile:

Thanes for listening. I really just want to finally have some... relief. I kind of want to talk about boys with my BFF too (not like we don't lol, I feel like she somewhat suspects)

I'm inebriated, so I'm not checking over my grammar. But ty for making it this far. Any motivation or "YEAH DO IT!" post will make me smile and make me more likely to go for it when I wake up completely hung over later today lol.

<3 EC

2. Kero

Out Status:
    A few people
    Go for it! I was terrified to come out to my best friend, but over nothing because she was so supportive and nice about it! I wish you the best of luck! :slight_smile:

3. tulipinacup

You can do it. It sounds like your best friend will accept you no matter who you are(that's what should best friends do at least). Is your room mate openly gay? if he is then I'm sure she has no problem with you coming out to her.

4. Aldrick

When you sober up go to the bathroom. Look in the mirror and say, "<Insert her name> I have something I want to tell you, I've wanted to tell you for awhile now. I'm gay."

Say that about ten times out loud. Then say the "I'm gay" part about twenty times.

It sounds crazy, but the hardest part is hearing yourself say the words. The biggest issue right now is that you're stuck in your head, you're thinking about it too hard and too much.

After repeating that quote a few more times, go directly to her and say it out loud. Don't think about what could go wrong - just start out saying what you rehearsed in the bathroom. Once you've said it, the hard part is over. Congratulations, you've come out.

The conversation will just flow naturally from there. The hardest part is starting the conversation and saying the dreaded words: "I'm gay." Once you start the conversation and say those words, the hard part is over.

5. mangotree

Just take a deep breath in, say "fuck it" during the out breath (maybe internally), then say "I'm Gay". Then it'll all be over and done with. Wait until she wakes up from passing out first though.
    It sounds like you want to get it over and done with, maybe text it to her so she sees it when she wakes up and then you can talk about it over breakfast.
    Or if you've got those alphabet magnets on the fridge, arrange them into I'M GAY. Or alphabet soup! Or find that Little Britain song called "I'm Gay" and set it as the alarm clock on her phone.

:slight_smile: Good luck mate.

Peace!

6. SherlockHolmes

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    You're not a coward, you should go for it! I've been in the exact same position so many times. I've been sitting there, reasoning with myself as to whether or not I should, and unfortunately I never have. I regret the times that I had a good opportunity because it can be hard to get somebody you trust alone to tell them. Try your best to work up the courage, she loves you for who you are, that won't change just because you're gay. Keep your head up. :slight_smile: