1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anyone else have the "phase" fear?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by NicoletteChris, May 16, 2014.

1. NicoletteChris

Sometimes I have OCD and irrational thoughts that make me afraid to come out of the closet cause I worry about this all being some phase or teenage hormones :'( That would be my worst fear especially since it's only been a year I've realized I'm gay

2. mkchoco

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Ooooh yeah. Definitely. That's what kept me in the closet until now. I thought "ehh I'll just wait until college when my hormones aren't as bad to figure this out" and then I realized I couldn't wait that long and that I am actually very much interested in females.

3. Randy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    When I was your age (gosh, I feel so old typing that), I had the fear of it being a "phase" and that is sort of why I kept it on the hush hush during high school. But then I got out of my teenage years and still found myself attracted to guys. Actually, I think I found more of an attraction to guys now than I ever have.

4. XRay

Yeah I know how you feel. It's been a year for me too since I came to terms with my sexuality and sometimes I kinda afraid to come out because maybe I'm not gay? maybe I'm bisexual or even straight? But then I realized that even if it is just a phase (which I'm pretty sure is not) that's okay. I used to have a girl in my school who came out as a lesbian and then told everyone that she's straight again, and no one lapidate her or despised her. It's completely okay to experience and try new and different things. You want go out with a girl? then be it! you don't even have to come out as something, just do whatever you want. Besides, if someone who claimed to be straight can come out as gay, why can't gay come out as straight?