1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Came out to a friend, but..

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Miico, May 17, 2014.

1. Miico

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    A couple of weeks ago I decided to tell my friend (whom I'm madly in love with) I'm gay. I had always been getting positive signals that he would be interested in me, we were flirting nearly every day. So what happened is we both came out to each other and after this I told about my feelings for him. Unfortunately he never had any feelings for me and now ever since that I've felt like crap. It's hard to see him face to face because I still have such a strong feelings for him. I just can't forget him.. ;(

The thing is I don't want to distant him from myself because he's one of my closest friends, he's always there for me. What exactly helps me is meeting new people and going out with others as much as possible. I don't want to just stay alone and mourn about this. Maybe someday I'll get over the feelings and I could focus on our friendship more, now it seems like a hard thing to do.

2. confused1234

Some temporary distance might not be a bad thing. I would recommend telling him that you need some space for a little while. Really though, you need to get out, meet people, and find someone who also has feelings for you. In my experience, that is the single best way to get over a crush.

3. Miico

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Yes, this would definitely help the process of forgetting my feelings. Still from time to time I keep thinking of what us could've been. I can't, however, change the way he feels about me no matter what, that's for certain..

I have to admit that after I got rejected I started to feel at least a bit better, now that I actually think about it.
    One thing that bothers me though is how physically intimate we got and he claims he never had any feelings for me.. Maybe he was just as confused as I was, I dunno.. Ugh

4. MarthRoyIke

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I found this advice somewhere else, and I think it is pretty good: