1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

So far, two people know.

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Toast, May 17, 2014.

1. Toast

Out Status:
    Not out at all
    So far, two people know I'm questioning my orientation. My sister and my mom. I had a pretty good conversation with my mom yesterday, because I know she will always accept me, but my dad grilled her about what we were talking about last night. She eventually lied to him for me, and said I was questioning my faith, which is also true. Now she feels horrible, and I feel horrible for making her feel horrible, but my dad isn't a very open or accepting person, so I don't want to talk to him until I start getting a solid idea of who I am. Things are weird.

2. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi there! Welcome to EC! It's understandable that you are feeling horrible, but maybe try to speak with your mom when you have a moment with her alone, and thank her again. Your mom didn't lie as such. She still spoke the truth when she mentioned that you are questioning your faith - maybe try to reiterate that. It's more about what part of the truth she revealed.

Things have a way of working out, and you have taken a big step by coming out to your mom and sister. Glad to read that you had a good conversation and that she is accepting. (*hug*)

3. Toast

Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Thank you for the welcome, the internet hug, and the advice Mirko. I think I'll try that and hope for the best.