1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Closet

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by unfinished, May 18, 2014.

1. unfinished

Out Status:
    A few people
    I'm going to try to make this as short as I possibly can. Also hi!

I live in a religious family (freewill baptists) that are absolutely against homosexuality of any caliber. I'm 22, I work, and I'm hoping to leave home this year. The only problem I have is that I'm really close to my grandma (who is homophobic) because she's only ever been good to me and raised me since birth. And I don't want to disappoint her but I know coming out will do just that.

I'm pansexual or bisexual, I'm not entirely sure. But I do know that I've liked women since I was 10, and gender just doesn't matter to me romantically or sexually. I like it all, and I'm starting to feel like I'm just living one big lie. And I'm so very tired.

I don't want to say adios to my family, but it's going to happen when I come out. And I have no support, I need to make friends with people outside of online...so I need to go back to school. Join a group or something. I've let my own hermitood become my existence for far too long.

And I'm tired. I feel so burdened down about losing them that I've never dated or kissed, but I want to. I want to live! And being here...I'm not. But I don't want to hurt my grandma...even if lying to her is hurting me. Lying to myself..

Please help! I'm so depressed that I can't see a good ending for me.

2. tulipinacup

Like you, I live in a religious family. My dad is a pastor at a baptist church and my mum is an active member. I struggle with the same problem as you and I do have nowhere to go to since most of people I know are homophobic. You can probably look up online if there are support groups seeing as which you live in the USA (sadly, there aren't support groups from where I live)it might be easy. Luckily, I did come out to my cousin who lives in Pennsylvania and she completely understood to where I am coming from.

Don't ever lose hope. I still think your grandma will accept you no matter what, she will get confused or upset about it but I think deep down she will come to her senses and will love you no matter what. I'm very sorry about your situation, I hope you get through with this.