1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Coming out to my brother! HELP

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by FirstConfused, May 19, 2014.

1. FirstConfused

So... The thing is, i'm really scared to come out to my brother!
    My parents know that i am bi, and most of my friends does, if they ask me i'm honest about it, but i have no idea how my brother is going to react.

I feel like i need to tell him as i now have a girlfriend, and i started to get closer with my brother after he moved out and i don't want to ruin that :s
    What am i going to say and how?!? i really want to be honest about it so i can come out to the rest of my family, but i feel like he needs to know before i tell the rest of my family that i have a gf...

PLEASE HELP ME!?!?!
    How can i start a conversation with him about this without just randomly saying that i'm into girls?

#1 FirstConfused, May 19, 2014
    Last edited: May 19, 2014
  2. Kasey

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    If your parents are accepting then why wouldn't your brother be?

Is he homophobic?

If not, approach him and tell him you have something on your mind. Be honest and tell him you are bi or lesbian. Tell him you can't live a lie and that you want to just be you and have him know.

That or take the "I'm so happy I met someone" approach but then you gotta let him know it's a girl.

But be honest with him I guess is the key. Be who you are.

3. FirstConfused

You've got a point! But the difference is that i kind a knew how my parents would react

I have no idea :s I never talked to my brother about anything like this before. I have no idea :-/

I know i have to tell him sooner or later and especially now that i have a gf, but i have no idea how to start the conversation.

But thank you so much for replying!

4. BabbyDyke

Out Status:
    All but family
    You may find it easier to casually mention it in conversation if a relevant or related topic comes up (if you don't make a big deal out of it it's less likely that he will have a massive reaction). These things are always pretty hard and you just have to gather the strength to get it over and done with.

5. SabraBoy

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    You mean you want to tell him but you don't know his opinions and views about LGBT's sexual orientation? Well you can go to his apartment and start a normal conversation, then ask him "have you heared of the American mom who killed her daughter because she was a lesbian? " (I know its an awful sentence, if you don't like it, just say something like that) and then keep talking about homosexuality and LGBT, so you can know what he thinks :slight_smile: