1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I don't want to be gay!

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Doubting2498, May 19, 2014.

1. Doubting2498

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    I really don't want to be gay. I'm attracted to other males, but I don't want to be. I want kids one day, what can I do?

2. stillhidden

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Ah, that is something I've said to myself more times than I can count. But saying it over and over to myself didn't change anything at all. I struggled with it for a long time, and after I finally accepted myself, I was a lot happier.

As far as the kids thing, there are ways gay couples can have kids, so I wouldn't worry that much about it.

3. Clay

We all go through that stage. I felt like that for years, that fear. Ultimately fighting against it is pointless, the sooner you accept it the better you'll feel.

As for kids, being gay doesn't mean you can't have kids, so I wouldn't worry about that too much

4. YaraNunchuck

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    The kids thing does matter and having biological kids is harder definitely (for an only child like me that presents a few problems!). So I don't think your concern is irrational OP... It's just that there's nothing you can do about being gay, so it's pointless worrying about. Easy words to say I know - they're harder to practise.

Perhaps this will help: 'God grant me serenity to accept things I cannot change, courage to change the things I can, and wisdom to know the difference.'

5. robotman

I didn't want to be gay for a long time, infact I still wish that I wasn't but there is nothing that I can do about it. I mean you can't just shut off your feelings, this is why I get annoyed when I read/hear about people saying stupid things like being gay is a choice but to be honest I have learnt to accept it, I can't change it so I might aswell just deal with it, at the end of the day you are still the same person.

I can see why the kids thing would bother you but try not to think too far ahead, you are still young, I know we all like to think about the future but try not to let that consume you, think about the present. When that hurdle comes you can deal with it then, no point in getting unnecessarily stressed out over something that hasn't happened yet.

6. Anonymouse7

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I doubt that there is a person on this forum who hasn't thought that at least once, adoption is certainly an option if you want children. Over time I think you will accept yourself, I remember one advantage a friend of mine once pointed out to me, he was saying how annoyed his girlfriend was because he hadn't commented on his girlfriends new haircut, he said how jealous he was that when I get a boyfriend that we can play video games and sports together, and most importantly, not need to comment on his haircut! It made me smile at the time and I hope it will help you see that for for every disadvantage to being gay, there is another advantage.

7. Yossarian

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    1. I really don't want to be old, but I am, and there is nothing I can do about it; you either.

2. Some males are gay, and cool, and will be attracted to you once you accept who you are and go out and meet them; best do it while you are still young and attractive looking, because it is easier, and you get to spend more of the rest of your life being happy instead of unhappy, as you seem to be now.

3. Find a life partner who loves you and also wants kids, then adopt one who needs a family, or hire a surrogate, or find a female friend who will carry a baby for you and your partner.

Its not that complicated, just accept who you are and start living the life that is right for you.

8. chrisyboy

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Adopt. No matter what they say, bcos gay couples don't adopt but accident, they probably proportionally provide better upbringings.

9. Acacia

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I didn't want to be for a long time either, I know exactly how that feels. I didn't tell anyone I was gay until a year ago, because I couldn't accept that fact myself. Depending on your situation growing up, hearing people talk negatively about gay people growing up can cause these feelings. I never wanted to be "one of them" but once I accepted myself and realized there wasn't anything wrong with me, I was able to tell people and be proud of who I was. Sometimes it takes hitting rock bottom to realize this, but it doesn't have to come to that. Just know that you are unique, and the future is what you make it, and you have no reason to be ashamed. Best wishes.

10. mangotree

You might find that the more you accept your "gay side" the less intense and stressful the feelings will be.
    What you resist, persists.

Just a thought.