1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I don't know if I should come out

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by nina892, May 19, 2014.

1. nina892

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I'm a 14 year old girl. I think in a lesbian but I'm not completely sure. I've never kissed anyone so I don't really know what I want. I've been having crushes on girls for the past 2 years and I miss telling my best friend about them because I'm too afraid to come out. I don't feel a huge need to come out I just miss talking to my friend about my crushes. I don't think she would react badly but I also talk about hot celbrities to her but I haven't had a crush on someone my age in a long time.

2. Karabeara

I'm in almost exactly the same boat! I know I'm a lesbian ( or at least almost sure ) but have decided not to " put on a label " because I'm worried my sexuality might change as I know they can flow ( haha I rhymed :3 ) I decided to tell my 2 best friends because I felt they needed to know. However I didn't want to mess sleepovers, changing, etc. up so I decided not to come out to anyone else until around 18. Now I may decide to tell more people as I go along but the point is come out when you're ready. I you don't feel a need to come out then don't. You're not getting crushes right now (same with me) so it doesn't really matter. You can tell just your best friend if you want. I would recommend coming out if you get a girlfriend but hey no rush. People only need to know your sexuality if you feel they do ( like a period :slight_smile: ) So don't stress it and only come out if you want to. :goodluck:

3. UsagiChan

You've got ages to think about it- there's no rush- just come out whe you feel comfortable with it. :slight_smile: You're right about your sexuality 'developing' or 'flowing'; I never even questioned my sexuality till I was 16, when I came to the conclusion I was bisexual, but lately I've started to identify as a lesbian, and most of my friends know and are supportive. However my family doesn't know, but that's another story!

It's alright if you tell your friends- chances are, they'll accept you, even if you do happen to discover that you're not a lesbian.

Good luck :slight_smile: