1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Confused and in Pain

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by LizL3mon, May 21, 2014.

1. LizL3mon

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I feel incredibly stupid and confused right now. I am 22 years old and have known I was bisexual for almost 11 years now. I have a sister who is a lesbian and she has come out to my parents. I have not. I didn't and still don't want another reason to be different. I'm already so different physically and have so many medical issues that I thought I could deny my sexuality. My sister is 16 and they are making her life very difficult. I come from your stereotypical ultra religious family and I don't know what to do. I'm really sorry I didn't come out, because I cant help but think if I had it would be easier for my sister at home. It sucks living a lie, and I'm getting by with it because I live with and am in love with a man. I never dated through high school because the girl I loved I couldn't have. I finally acknowledged my sexual orientation and I feel so stupid. I thought I could just hide it, and I shouldn't be ashamed of it I just feel like I'm letting my family down because I am bisexual. Right now I'm living in sin because my boyfriend and I aren't married I just don't want any more fuel in the fire. I'm not sure what exactly to do....any advice would be welcome.

2. Dexter Colton

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Dear friend

I would have done the same. You realized that your parents are not so loving of your sisters choice, so you didn't tell them, that is the safest route. What I would suggest would be to wait. Tell other people who you can trust like your sister, and then tell your parents together. Me and a friend of mine did that with his parents and they loved. Just remember they are still your parents they may take time to digest what you have told them. Just take it slow. If you need and thing answered just ask.

Good luck
    -Dex