1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

So I think it's time I'm 30 soon

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by TheMum, May 21, 2014.

1. TheMum

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    So I have been having some rather tough conversations with myself and I honestly do feel as tho am bisexual, recently been feeling as tho sinking into a bit of a depression coz not being my authentic self and really I want my child to know me and all of me so I think I am ready to start being honest about my sexuality

Guess I just feel a bit silly perhaps seeming most people come out in early on in life but here I am a bit later in life.

I am a little scared saying something to my parents they come from very conservative backgrounds :frowning2:

2. wanderinggirl

Autostraddle just came out with an article on later-in-life sexuality, citing people like Cynthia Nixon, Wanda Sykes, Jenna Lyons, and others. I thought there was nobody with my story and that there was no way I could be LGBT because I didn't come out in my teens, but now I realize how silly that is. You come out when you come out; there are a million reasons not to realize earlier in life. So no, you're not silly.

As for your parents, that's a very personal choice and there are many ways to handle the situation; but first you have to take care of you. Give yourself time to mull it over and decide when/how/whether to come out to your folks; maybe coming out to your kid and yourself and your friends is enough, maybe it isn't and you'll need to come out in the way you feel most comfortable.

3. TheMum

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Thanks Wanderinggirl kinda did make me feel a bit better reading your comment coz I guess your right every one comes out in their own time that's for sure :slight_smile:

Been thinking a little bit about it I may first come out to my close friends my child is only young would not understand but perhaps when they are older