1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Breaking up advice?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by captainjack, May 22, 2014.

1. captainjack

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I graduate from high school in a week, and I recently discovered that I am gay. I have been struggling with it for a long time. I considered myself bisexual, then pansexual, and now I can finally admit that I am a straight up lesbian. I am one serious lady lover. Its very surreal to me but for the first time since I was a child, I am excited about life again. Unfortunately, I have been dating a boy for the past few months. He is crazy in love and I am terrified of what this breakup will do to him. He is not emotionally stable and struggles with depression. He also has recently gotten kicked out of his mothers house and is living with his grandmother. Should I wait until his life is a little bit less crazy?

2. Deadellaastra

The longer you hold out, the harder it is going to be. That being said, I think you should wait until the time is right. But there is the strong possibility the time never will be right. And with that, I say do what makes you happy, but stay there for him and let him no you still care.

3. mangotree

In addition to the above, make sure he completely understands that he didn't "turn you gay".

People that suffer from depression have "up days" and "down days", see if you can synchronise the news with an up day.

Peace be with you.

4. captainjack

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    It's going to be hard on both of us but I know that I'll be doing the right thing. Thank you