1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I want to come out, but I don't know how...

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by MilesmilesMiles, May 24, 2014.

1. MilesmilesMiles

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I am a 14 year old bisexual boy and I cannot figure out how I should come out.
    My parents found out by looking through my laptop and they keep dumping ideas on me and I want to come out in a way that I am comfortable. Any advice on how to come out to my friends?

2. Peacemaker

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    You could try writing them a note or try to bring it up in conversationg

3. Hyaline

How did you parents handle it? Why the sudden push to tell your friends? Are you parents pushing you to do it? (seems odd if they are...)

You are in an age group that can be quite brutal if they aren't accepting. You have to ask yourself how each person might react and use that to gauge if you wanted to tell them. But I suspect unless the friends you tell can keep a secret like this, the likely hood will be that everyone will know at some point. Are they the accepting type?

Go slow... telling the first person is the hardest... But I would say at your age, just wait. Unless you are in a big hurry to put a label over your head. Nothing is going to change day to day because you like to masturbate to both guys and girls. Are you attracted to guys IRL or just online?

My simple advice is to take a breath and wait until the time seems right..

Of course you could always start wearing rainbow bracelets and inviting boys to the prom. Those will likely get your friends to ask you...

My advice is mixed with telling them and waiting it out. Because there is no one simple answer for you. Ultimately, you have to be the one to make that call. And come good or bad, live with the consequences of those actions. Lets just hope they are more the supporting type..

4. lovely lesbian

It's hard to come out to find the words to tell someone this huge thing that is going on with you so my advice take some time and think how you wanna tell people

5. Yossarian

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    If you feel safe and want to come out in general, a Facebook posting of interested in Men and Women is simple enough. If you want to just tell a few friends, don't do it unless you are prepared for the information to spread sooner than you might like, then start with your closest friend, or a gay friend if you have one.

6. vamonos

You're 14. You don't need to come out as bi. The smart people will figure it out. The stupid people don't need to know.