1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Complicated Coming Out?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by derkindestold, May 24, 2014.

1. derkindestold

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I want to officially come out, and this time, I want to stay out. I tried coming out when I was thirteen, but my mom yelled at me for hinting about getting a binder, so I naturally felt as if I was in trouble for feeling how I felt. So I told her after a meeting with a counselor that I no longer felt that way. After that, however, I was angry at myself for doing that. Recently, I told her I still felt that way. But again, she was angry, but still begged me to talk to my counselor about it. Since I wasn't comfortable with my counselor at the time, I wouldn't. I got afraid, once again, and told her that I just wanted to wear male clothing. That being a boy was the only way I could figure out to get that. She asked me if I was becoming confused again, and I told her no. But I still, and have since the first time I told her, feel like a boy. I am a boy. I know I was meant to be a boy. And I want to come out, but I feel as though she'll never believe me because I've messed up so much. I just want to bind, wear boxers, be the man I really am.. How should I come out to her, talk to her about it, anything? Should I even bother?

2. BookDragon

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    You ARE out to her. You can come out as many times as you like if she doesn't believe you it's HER issue...

How old are you now?

3. Hyaline

THIS!!!!

If you mom can't accept your explanation, then she'll have to work through it. Despite all the great stories around EC of parents being terrific, there are parents/family/friends who have a hard time and in some cases may never accept it. I hope that in time, your mom works through whatever stops her from being compassionate and understanding who you are and what you are going through.

More than likely it will take her some time to get used to the idea. The fact she wants you to speak to a counselor is a good indication that she cares about you. But as others have mentioned elsewhere here, just make sure that the counselor is someone who doesn't have an agenda to talk you out of it and try to make you straight.

(*hug*)

4. derkindestold

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Sorry that I'm just getting back to you. I'm seventeen now.