1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I want to come put to my family....but how

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Jaydenspride, May 26, 2014.

1. Jaydenspride

Jaydenspride Guest

Hey my name is jayden and i want come out to my family any ideas on how???:help:eek::rolle:

2. BookDragon

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Plenty, but it'd help if we knew something about 'em first :slight_smile:

3. Jaydenspride

Jaydenspride Guest

EVERY ONE READ THIS.....THIS IS FROM JAYDENSPRIDEHey its Jayden I want to first say thanx for replying and then tell u about my family.

They aren't super religous like at all my mom knows and she is totally cool and supportive about it and my brother is a semi atheist. And my dad is a ''Its adam and eve not adam and steve'' Kind of person but then i get to my grandma..... She is VERY religous. She was a preacher at one time is a abortion protester, and read the entier bible 30 time since she was 25 and shes 65 now. So I dont know if i should tell them all at once Or tell them one at a time... what do you think... i cant do anything im DONE HIDING. I wear pride bracelets and all of them know why but they dont truly know why. I have been depressed for years and i have a counseler who i have already come out to and im out to my 3 bffs but thats it I am so flipping lost....I just want to go to LGBT pride day and wear my pride bracelets. who can i do that hoe can i come out.:help::eek::eusa_doh:

4. Hyaline

You sound like you are very sure of who you are. But have you said it out loud to yourself yet? If you have, then you've already come out to your first person, yourself.

As for your family. There is no right or wrong answer. You have to tell the people that you want. If you feel they are more likely to be receptive, I would probably start with them. But if your family ranges all over the board, it would likely be better to tell them one at a time rather than as a group. Just be sure you are in a time and place that feels right and you can have a private conversation.

Be honest about who you are, but be prepared to answer questions about how you feel and how you came to your own decision to tell them. That is why I always suggest telling yourself out loud first.

Also keep in mind that not every family will be receptive. and you may discover that your family members aren't as indifferent or understanding as you'd thought they'd be. I don't say this to scare you but I say this to remind you to be cautious.

Most of all be brave and truthful and keep yourself safe..

5. Jaydenspride

Jaydenspride Guest

:icon_biggThank you so much. You helped me more than you can imagine.

6. Hyaline

You are most welcome... Let us know if we can help you again. Hang in there and be safe...