1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

telling my parents

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by fee93, May 27, 2014.

1. fee93

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Hi,
    So I've known I was gay forever, and I want to tell my mom but I'm really nervous. It's not that she won't be okay with it, she's really cool and I know she'd just be happy for me, but I can never go through with it. My dad is a little more "conservative" though, and maybe I'm not as scared to tell him because he's kind of an ass about it and I don't really care what he'll say. My sister is the only one who knows, but she's travelling with her boyfriend right now so I don't have anyone to talk to. I guess I'm just looking for some advice.

2. TJ

TJ

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    If you know your mom is okay with it, I would tell her first. It's never going to get easier to work up the courage to tell her, so just choose a time and place where you can be alone and then tell her.
    If everything's okay when you come out to her, ask for her advice and opinion about how your father would react, and then plan according to that.

It might be good to wait for your sister to be home so that you have some physical and moral support (just in case things don't go as planned).