1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Coming out to husbands parents

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Filly76, May 28, 2014.

1. Filly76

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Hi,

After nine years of marriage I am going to come out to my husbands mom and siblings, that I am lesbian and can't stay married to him. Omg.

This is a tough one.

I think I am going to write it on paper and read it to her and then quietly stand up and leave so they can chat. And if she wants to see me again then they can call me back. And if she does not want to see me then well so be it. It will be hurtful but that is okay.

I am proud I am lesbian, this has healed me, changed my life.

But still not easy. I have got an understanding husband, very understanding, but he also does not see his contribution to our troubles. And he also does not see that in our situation I also have missed out sexually, and suffered and done grave harm to myself by being with him. It is all him ofcourse. He is losing his wife, and sex, and care and what not.

What have I been missing all these years. This turned me into an alcoholic, self destructive, I am still on sick leave because of what it did to me to live so far out of who I am. But no: it is always me to blame for everything. I am sick of it. So now its lay the boundaries time, take it or leave it.

This is who I am, I am happy, whole, healed. Like it or not, this is me.

2. BookDragon

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Good luck! If you want us to check through what you've written before you give it to here, just post it :slight_smile:

3. girlpower

Hi! first of all want to pay my respect to you for the person you are. i admire the way you came out to yourself.. and now ready to face the family.. the world. you'l do great.. don't worry just go ahead and say it. Life has a lot to offer... its time to grab it :slight_smile: good luck!