1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Coming out soon...

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by luckrunningout7, May 28, 2014.

1. luckrunningout7

So I want to come out to my mom and sister. I'll eventually come out to everyone but, I need to start with the people closest to me. I plan on doing it after summer school. But I have no idea what to say. The best case scenario-they ask a few questions then tell me they accept me. The worst- They make fun of me or don't believe me or even resent me. I'm kinda hoping for best... I was wondering if anyone would give advice on what to say. That be very helpful, Thanx!!!(*hug*)

2. Hyaline

My advice is always be honest with them. Speak from the heart and take the conversation very seriously. Talk about how you feel, what you know and answer the questions they might have as best you can. It is never easy to be brave and courageous.

What do you want to say to them?

Hopefully they will be supportive, but if not do you know how they will react? I started my friends first then told my family because at that point in my life my friends were more involved in my day to day life than my parents were..

3. Peacemaker

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I think he is right dude, plus i think you shouldnt try to anticipate their reaction, if your doing that it would lead to overthinking

4. mangotree

A couple of things...
    I'm getting the vibe that you're pretty sure that they'll be fine with it.
    Plus if you already know you're gay at 13, then your mum will probably suspect/expect it too.
    If you're comfortable with your sexuality at such a young age, she has raised you well!

Most people (let alone family) will not make fun of you when you come out.
    Depending on their education, they might think it's a "faze" or "you're not old enough to know" or "you're confused", it seems very unlikely in your situation though. Couldn't hurt to be prepared with answers though.
    Write down any questions that they're likely to ask and have answers for them before you take the plunge.

I agree with Hyaline and Peacemaker as well of course.

Peace be with you and good luck.

5. luckrunningout7

I came out today to my sister today! I guess I was overthinking, but of course she's the most excepting person. :slight_smile: She was very happy for me. Then we talked about cute guys XD <3
    1 down 11 to go... This might take a while (-_-lll

---------- Post added 31st May 2014 at 10:29 PM ----------

I came out today to my sister today! I guess I was overthinking, but of course she's the most excepting person. :slight_smile: She was very happy for me. Then we talked about cute guys XD <3
    1 down 11 to go... This might take a while (-_-lll