1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Straight girl crush

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by BananaB, May 29, 2014.

1. BananaB

Out Status:
    A few people
    So I have a problem in that I seem to be attracted to straight girls. There's one though, I'm not sure if she is or not. I think she is straight but she's open and easy going so perhaps she's open to things in those terms as well. Problem is I work with her and I'm terrified of saying anything in case she isn't and then it's just awkward especially as I have no idea if the attraction is reciprocated. Plus everyone at work would find out somehow even if neither of us said anything because it's small and there's no secrets (despite my status as not currently out except to my best friend).

Any thoughts on how to deal with this situation? I've tried the whole "just move on" thing but I can't. Wish it was that easy but then again I don't have the courage to say anything.

She's traveling this summer and coming to visit me while I'm on the move too so I'm thinking if anything there's the best time? What do you guys think?

2. Sig

Sig

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Oh,what a tough situation. It sounds as though the travelling time is def the best option. It keeps you safe from a potentially very awkward situation, especially while you're not out to anyone.
    Perhaps others more daring than I will give better advice :slight_smile:
    Best of luck

3. Young Blood

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm having this same issue! There's this girl at my work who is super cute, but I am almost positive she's straight :frowning2: I have to talk to her a bit more and see where she stands...

Speaking of, does this girl know that you like girls? Maybe you could try that and see where she stands on homosexuality. Then after you tell her and let it sink in a little, tell her when you're on the move. That way it won't be too awkward when you get back to work :slight_smile:

Hope that helped a little :slight_smile: Let us know if you decide to tell her :slight_smile:

4. BananaB

Out Status:
    A few people
    No she, like everyone else has no idea. Everytime I see her I smile and I'll alays try to almost go out of my way if it means we'll get a chance to chat about something even as banal as the weather for a few brief moments. I think she's fine with homosexuality though, we have a few gay guys working with us and they get along great.

5. Young Blood

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well I think you should tell her :slight_smile: You never know until you try, right? :slight_smile: We'll all be here supporting you no matter what happens :slight_smile: