1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Coming out tommorrow, one of the happiest days of my life

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Filly76, May 29, 2014.

1. Filly76

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Hi all

Well here goes, tommorrow I am going to do what I should have 17 years ago. I feel good about it, am proud. Even though it is going to be difficult. I am coming out. My husband's mom in the morning and my only friend in the world the afternoon. And naturally this is going to go like a wildfire through the church they attend, so in about two days everyone that knows me in this foreign country is going to know too. I am soooo happy they finally will know. It gives me such peace. Even if they respond negatively. Doesn't bother me anymore, it will be hurtful. But I am me and I have found myself at last. Never felt better in all my life. I feel such a peace in knowing I will never ever feel I have to hide myself from others again. So happy. For the first time in my life I can honestly say from the depths of my heart that being lesbian and acknowledging it and embracing it is soooo important to me, so healing, so strengthening. And what all the rest think of it or do with it, well that now really is their problem. :icon_bigg. My social anxiety is gone. (!)

2. PatrickUK

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Good for you. It might be tough on you, but we are all here for you - let us know how it goes.

3. Sig

Sig

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    So happy for you Filly. I hope everyone surprises you with their support and love.
    Can't wait to hear how it goes.
    Much luck, and happiness
    (*hug*)

4. Chiroptera

Admin Team Full Member

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm happy for you! Good luck, wish you the best :thumbsup:

5. Filly76

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Hi,

Thanks guys for the support. Well here goes, first to his mom and this afternoon to my friend. I will be sure to let you know how it went.

6. LightDragon

Good luck Filly. I'm sure if they really love you, You will be met with nothing but acceptance and love. We're here for you! I have to come out soon... you're lucky you only have two people to tell! I have a lot :/