1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Just came out...

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by ItsChris, May 29, 2014.

1. ItsChris

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Well i finally did it. Today was my brothers birthday, and if i knew things would turn out this way, i would have stayed in the closet...My mom and brother were talking and my mom mentioned how she doesn't want to see 2 guys kissing. I brushed it off, and then later my bro said something was "faggoty". I left the room for being ignored, but my brother asked if i was mad at him, it escalated to me coming out in the most agonizing few minutes ever just to say "i'm gay". My mom instantly hugged me and then it turned into this whole conversation i wish i could undo. My brother was being slightly homophobic, but after the hugs and tears, i made it through. I don't feel proud, or happy. If anyone read my other posts, i talk about how I've been on medicine, and how i got off of it and never got puberty till i took androgel blah blah blah. I just wish i had a reset button. May not sound so bad, but i'm kinda depressed.

2. Hyaline

(*hug*) I can't imagine that it was fun at all.

But consider that you now no longer have to hide it from them. There is solace in that.

I haven't read your other posts but it sounds like you have been through a trying time. The good part about tough times is that they are all learning experiences. Sometimes really difficult ones...

Tomorrow will be a new day full of possibility. And you no longer have to hide from your mom and brother...

3. stillhidden

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I know you don't feel "proud" right now, but I am proud that you came out today. I know it was rough, but as Hyaline said, you don't have to hide anymore. So there's that. I'm sorry you are depressed, though. :frowning2: (*hug*)

4. ItsChris

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Sorry for not replying quickly, but thank you so much!

5. tulipinacup

I'm sorry to hear that from you but I think it's still nice that your mum sounds like she accepts you. Always be strong and remember that you can talk to people here online if you need to!