1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Coming out advice please?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by LightDragon, May 29, 2014.

1. LightDragon

So, I'm 18, male and I am pretty sure I'm bisexual, but have a much stronger attraction to men than women, but women aren't totally out of the question. Basically I haven't come out to a single soul yet, the first one to read this will be the first soul that knows I'm Bi. I'm coming to accept my sexuality and would like to come out to at least one person, i feel an urge to talk about it with someone and get it all off my chest. I have a few close friends that would be understanding, also i know my mother would be and probably my sisters (i have 3 older sisters).

Only problem is my father. He's always been a ''manly man'', treats women like shit, loves to fight and insult people, and is totally enslaved by his ego. He seriously cares how other people view the family. At this point I should mention I live with my sister and my mother, and my father lives with his soon to be wife. They have 3 kids together, younger than me, which i love to bits. I don't want to lose them. However i feel that if i come out gay he will be really angry, possibly even to the point where violence could occur. He has never really hit me, but he has serious anger problems and has come close. I'm scared of him to be honest. I'm also afraid he might not let me go over his house and see my younger sister and 2 brothers any more for fear I might make them gay or something. I don't know.
    I think me coming out would seriously damage his ego, and he would really care what his friends think, because they're all mostly the same as him. I think because of that it would make him really angry, the shame of having a gay son. Also, to add to that shame, my dad and his brothers are known around here for being tough men not to be fucked with. So a gay son would be an even bigger blow to his ego.

Anyway I just want some advice. I think for now I will come out to one close friend, or maybe my sister who's nearly the same age as me, we've always been close. I think I will postpone coming out to my father for now. This was more of a rant than a question I'm afraid, but I needed to get it off my chest.

Also, I used to hang around with so called ''druggies'', they weren't real bad but I think if any of them found out about my sexuality then they would certainly make fun of me. I am coming to accept myself more and more everyday but it's still hard to stop caring what others think. I'm also worried about possible physical attacks for being gay. I live in rural Wales and there isn't many LGBT people here that I know of. There is a few people that were rumoured to be gay when i was in school, but I'm not sure how much truth those rumours held. But it seems where I live people would be less accepting of gay people, or maybe it's just like that everywhere. More of a rant than a question, but any advice, if you've been through a similar process, would be much appreciated.

P.S. Not sure if mentioning sexual things on here is against the rules (doubt it), Just to be sure, Using a dildo (as a guy) Is a sure sign of being gay right? Also crossdressing and shaving mostly all over? I would still be open to sex with women but prefer acting like one sometimes. Pardon the pun, but I don't think I have the balls to become transgender. I would like to still be a boy but explore my feminine side (as i have been). So just to clarify, these things make me pretty much gay right? With a hint of Bisexuality?

Thanks in advance :slight_smile:

2. Peacemaker

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    ok thats a good idea to not come out to your dad, just yet (btw sorry for your situation, dude) i probably bi though, in case you needed an answer, but its a good idea to, well experiment if you would like to see what you like

3. LightDragon

I think I failed to mention, I have had sexual experiences with other boys since I was quite young, and those boys as far as I know are straight as a plank now. I also had sex with one boy, and with one girl. Although I was quite drunk at the time, I enjoyed the boy far more. In fact with the girl we had penetration for almost half hour and I couldn't cum. Ended up finishing myself off. But I think I would still have sex with girls, but men are my primary desire. :slight_smile:

#3 LightDragon, May 29, 2014
    Last edited: May 30, 2014
  4. Peacemaker

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    wow that REALLY sounds like me, minus the having sex part, then your gay then, hold on this is interesting lol :slight_smile:

---------- Post added 30th May 2014 at 03:00 AM ----------

but um thats more or less a clear sign that your gay

5. Najlen

I wouldn't tell your parents yet, especially not your dad, not until you are out of the house and supporting yourself. If you have close friends who are LGBTQ accepting, you could tell them so you have people to talk to. Good luck!