1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

progress? sure hope im on the track

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by touliatos11, May 30, 2014.

1. touliatos11

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    hello as i said i n my previous thread, im 18 years old male. Since I can remember myself I always liked girls but in the last months I was thinking diffrently... I was looking at guys and said to myself that i like them. Im not sure but maybe im bi cause I do still like girls but less than before.

right now im in (i think) the opening of a relationship with a guy. he goes to the army in a few days and im going to a year of volunteering in society studying and more in two months and a half. he is going to do dailies( comes home every end of the day) and im going to do weeks (five day in the community center and weekends at home or stay at the appartment the community provides us) so we will meet on weekends or holidays.

i still cant believe myself. to think that i am going to pride parade in 2 weeks and im going to show who i am publicly. i think its one of the chanes that occurs with my acception of me being bi.

although we havent met and only talked on the phone, i dont want to hide it so i think im going to come out to my family and friends that im bi in a week or 2 or at least wait to see if we meet and i do really like him. any advices? or usefull tips?

still not sure how they will take it but sure know i will feel a big relief.

so excited i cant sleep (!)

2. Dactyl

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I'm really happy for you that you've met someone, you sound so excited! If you're only coming out to your family because of this guy, though, then maybe it's best to meet him first before hand, just in case.

I'd recommend coming out to each family member separately, it's just easier and it makes the experience more personal with the person you're telling. Good luck, I hope everything goes well!

#2 Dactyl, May 31, 2014
    Last edited: May 31, 2014