1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Coming Out To Female Friends

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Polterpup, May 30, 2014.

1. Polterpup

So, I...I really just need advice on how to come out to my female friends. I just get the feeling that they will freak out or something...so, help?

2. Najlen

Why do you think they would freak out? Have they ever made homophobic comments? If you are worried that they won't accept you, you could bring up LGBTQ rights or issues in a conversation and see how they react to that. If you are worried that they will think you're coming onto them, assure them that you think of them as friends, even if that isn't true. There will be time to worry about that later. Don't worry about them not accepting you. They may be shocked or a little freaked out at first, but given time, they will come around. It can also be easier to write them a note or send a text message instead of telling them directly. I would only tell one or two off them at a time, as well, to build yourself a safety net.

#2 Najlen, May 30, 2014
    Last edited: May 30, 2014
  3. Dexter Colton

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Dear friend

I see what you are saying. I had the problem too. You think that if you tell the your a lesbian they'll think that you are into them. Don't freak out the happens to gay guys too. I said to my guy friends that even though I was gay don't think that I want to be with you, after all your not gay (I hope that would be awkward). In the event they do freak out, tell them before, "since your my best friends can I tell you something?" If they are fine with it then they should react nicely. Ask anything you need answered, and I will try my best to answer.

Good luck
    -Dex