1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Going to tell Mom...

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by 2Bornot2B, May 30, 2014.

1. 2Bornot2B

...and I'm nervous.

I've spent the last month working up the courage to tell her, and have also spent that time waiting for a good time to actually tell her. I've told two friends in that time, who were supportive and non-judgmental. Although I was able to tell them face-to-face, I can't bring myself to do that with mom. So I wrote a letter and have been waiting for the right time to give it to her.

Now I have the chance. I'm away with my brother at my grandparents' house for a few days, and I'm going to email it to her while I'm out of the house so she can wrap her mind around it before we actually talk. She sees the LGBT community as people who don't fit society's narrow-minded standards:icon_bigg, so I feel she will accept me for who I am. Still... can't help but be nervous.:icon_redf

Wish me luck!:thumbsup:

2. Hyaline

Good luck!!! I left a note for my mom too... I hope your mom is as wonderful as your friends have been....

3. tulipinacup

I hope things will be ok. I am planning on writing a letter to my mum too since I think I could express it better that way than actual talking to her one on one.

4. 2Bornot2B

Exactly! Talking to her right now would leave me defenseless because I wouldn't be able to form the words. I do better on paper.:icon_wink

5. TheFSM

Out Status:
    A few people
    good luck :slight_smile: