1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need some ideas

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by tayana, Aug 15, 2008.

1. tayana

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    My partner and I have been living together for 6 months at the end of this month. I want to do something special for her, but I don't really know what. I can't really afford any kind of special evening out, and my son will be home so that limits the romance at home. Does anyone have some ideas of things we could do that would be fun, romantic and relatively inexpensive? I think this is kind of a special day, so I want to do something besides go out for dinner.

2. Ronnie92

A nice picnic or a day out and about,Its free romantic and it will give you guys some time together

3. BitterEdge

BitterEdge Guest

I agree with ronnie that park is pretty inexpensive. You don't need flashy presents or an expensive dinner to have it be romantic. Depending on where you live there are many options to chose from...like I personally have always wanted to go to a ceremonial tea house.

4. myra

Just be really sweet to her all day. That's what i'd want. Maybe make dinner for her...her favorite dish. If you're son is the right age, maybe go out to a playground and sit on a bench together while he plays. Tell her how much you love her, how much she means to you and how you're thankful for every day that she's in your life. If she's into music, maybe find some lyrics that mean something to your relationship and quote them to her. I would end it, after your son goes to bed, in your bedroom. Make love passionately. Not because you're horny, but because you want to show her physically how much she means to you. And i'm sure, that anything you do will make her love you even more. She'll know your trying to be sweet.

5. RENThead

you could have a little check book type thing, and you can owe her stuff, that she can use when ever she wants..
    breaky in bed, or something else in bed.
    home made dinner one night,
    anything that she usually does around the house - you do it when she wants.

6. Trumpetplyer23

Hm...

Give her a single, red rose (unless she's allergic, then find a substitue flower..Just not white chrysanthimums, as they are the flower of death).

I agree with the other posters, on a picnic.

And, if you're into this kind of thing, write her a poem. It doesn't have to be the best poem ever written, just as long as you tell her how you feel in it. She'll think it's the best poem ever :slight_smile:.

Oh, and, a back massage might be nice. She might enjoy that.

7. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I think it'll depend on what sort of person your partner is. Give it some thought. What does she like? What's something she doesn't get to do much that she does like to do? Is there a meal you can cook (or have delivered) that she really likes? Is she more of a picnic-in-the-park person, or a romantic-movie-in-the-theater sort of person? How would she feel about a "mix CD" of songs that mean something to both of you? Mull it over - it'll come to you. :slight_smile:

Lex

8. Jim1454

Even just a journal of special dates / events that the two of you shared. A little timeline to remind both of you of the last 6 months, and the time leading up to the point where you moved in together. Maybe you have some pictures you've taken over the time you've been together, and you could do a little scrap book or something...

9. tayana

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Thank you for all of the ideas. I really appreciate it! I'll think of something.