1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Coming out as queer

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by ChromeNerd, Jun 1, 2014.

1. ChromeNerd

Out Status:
    A few people
    I mainly identify as queer, but no straight people seem to understand what it means. On dating websites I just call myself gay because I don't feel comfortable saying I'm bi. I think saying that I'm bi implies that I can be in a straight relationship with a straight man. I really don't put myself into that category. I think I could date genderqueers of both sexes and maybe even a queer guy. I have no idea how to come out. I've tried explaining this to my mom, but she just thinks I'm bi. :frowning2: I don't want to be in the closet forever.

2. Najlen

You are going to have to be patient with your mom and explain how you feel if you want hr to understand. As for the dating website, you could put down queer or bi or whatever you want, really, maybe poly, and then explain in more detail in your profile.

3. ChromeNerd

Out Status:
    A few people
    I just said in gay and explained that I identify as queer, but said I'm gay because I don't do straight relationships.