1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Planning on coming out to my parents in 9 days?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by wontwalkblindly, Jun 1, 2014.

1. wontwalkblindly

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Literally so I can be rainbow-y for June and I also need someone to drive me to pride because I don't have a car xD (not the only reason but the highest one on my list right now)
    Any last minute advice? I'm pretty sure they'll be okay, but I've heard that you should like..pack a bag and be prepared to leave like..even if your parents themselves are gay.
    I'm planning on either being like "so remember that time we watched ellen?" Acting serious at first but then probably cracking up.. OR just asking them if they can take me to pride and then when they most likely ask why...tell them because I want not celebrate who I am.
    I don't want it to be emotional. I don't want to be an educator but I probably will end up being just because queer is such a personal identifier.
    But yes. Any input would be great! Thanks. Happy pride!

2. jaynesgirl84

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I didn't pack a bag or anything like that. I think if your gut is telling you that it will go well then it probably will. I think if your relationship with them is funny then find a way to tell them that's funny. Just remember that if they don't have a good reaction that you do still have others here for you