1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Should I use social media?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Bring it, Jun 2, 2014.

1. Bring it

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I have a lot of friends online and talk with some real life friends on a website. I was wondering if it would be acceptable to use this website to come out to them. The way I was thinking was posting a pansexual pride flag and a short explanation of what it meant, and let them comment as they please. Personally I would feel more comfortable with this method than telling them in person.

2. BookDragon

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    You can come out to people how ever you want, and don't let anybody tell you otherwise.

3. Ned B

Well this is somewhat similar to what I have done. A few months after I got into my current relationship I updated my relationship status on Facebook. At first only my BF and I could see it, but slowly as I have built up the courage I have made it viewable for more people. I also have been increasingly posting more frequently on my involvement in LGBT type activities.

For me, its a more casual, less momentous, and if I don't treat it like its a big deal, others don't either. Granted this is for the general mass of friends and acquaintances I have met over the years. Close friends deserve something more personal.