1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Stupid crush...

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by berileos, Aug 16, 2008.

1. berileos

berileos Guest

I like someone,but that someone is from EC :icon_sad: I don't have guts to PM him 'cause I'm afraid it won't go well and I don't want to lose any friends here...I don't make friendships easy and I'm too shy for everything...but I see him day by day and my heart can't keep it any longer.Should I do something?I'm trying hard to refuse my feelings,but it'll take a lot of time...Any advice is helpful...

2. Jim1454

I know this is hard, and I know it might sound harsh, but what's the likelyhood of you ever meeting this guy in person? If the chances are almost nil, why torment yourself? Even if he felt the same way about you, it's going to be a long distance thing that will likely end up frustrating both of you...

However, given that you have those feelings, I'm one for honesty. I really don't see the harm in sharing how you feel with this person. If they don't feel the same way, then you're really no worse off than you are now. But if they do like you, then you can continue to develop your friendship.

Good luck.

3. berileos

berileos Guest

Well,the chances ARE almost nil,but I never thought of meeting that person...I just want to share the feelings but I can't make myself to do it...If I don't have courage to do it over a message,how will I ever do it in personal?It's a fact that I'll stay alone forever,and it's my fault...

4. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    A bunch of us have had "internet crushes", or been crushed on by someone else. If it's kept light-hearted and friendly, it can be quite fun. But I guess that's the question - CAN you keep it lighthearted? Can you handle "just being friends", especially since this person is (presumably) thousands of miles away?

If you can, I'd say PM him. Keep it light. "Just wanted to let you know I like you a lot, and I'd like to be friends. :slight_smile:".

Lex

5. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi there! It is hard, but your crush is based on someone that you have never met in person. Maybe you like something that the other guy said, the way he said it, and you might share similar interests, but again, you only know this person from a distance. I agree with Jim, that what is the likelihood that you will meet him?

Can you develop a stronger friendship with this person by remaining in contact? Absolutely! Try to pm him, get to know him more. Share your interests. A wonderful friendship could develop.

If you really feel the need of having to share your feelings with him, try to PM him and see what he says. At the same time, I am wondering if it is the best thing to do. If he doesn't feel the same way about you, you might get even more hurt and it is going to be even more difficult afterwards. Think about it what would be best for you. I think keeping it at a friendship level would be best.

Hope this helps!

6. Jim1454

I agree with Lex. Yes - I think you should.

Don't get down about NEVER having someone in your life. Do you know how long NEVER is?!?!? It's really F@)#%&G long! And your life is going to take SO many twists and turns, you have no way of knowing how it's going to turn out. Very few people spend their entire lives alone - and if you already suspect at 16 that you are gay, then I doubt you'll be one of those people.

You're in tune with yourself, and as a result you'll be available to others. Just give it time. Life simply isn't like it's portrayed in the movies. People don't ALWAYS meet someone, fall in love, and live happily ever after. That takes time, and work, and patience.

Good luck. Don't be hard on your yourself. And let someone know how you feel about them. If nothing else, you're going to make them feel really good!

7. Mirko

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Don't be too hard on yourself. You will meet people. You will find someone, with whom you will share your life and who will mean a lot to you. You will not stay alone forever. Yes, life can be strange but if you allow yourself to take the time to adjust to it all, and get to know yourself you will become more open about yourself as well. No worries, with time things will work out.

As Lex and Jim said, yes you can be friends with him. And why not? I think it would be great if you could develop a friendship with him.

8. -Michael-

I'd just do it.
    There nothing to lose and surely he'll understand and if its recipricated its all good.
    If not im sure he'll be reasonable.

9. Blaz

Blaz Guest

I agree with Lex too, just keep things like hearted. It's not of concern to the person if your like, stalker-ish and obsessive. Just be playful and fun.

10. Ronnie92

Go for it Leos I'm sure he'll be flattered,and don't worry(*hug*)

11. berileos

berileos Guest

I've done it,you can close the thread:icon_bigg

12. Jim1454

No way! We want to hear how it went!!!

13. berileos

berileos Guest

It was the simple "Would you like to be my friend?" message,I revealed everything in second one but agreed for "just friends",I'm not sure if I want to go further...
    I just hope he's not reading this:icon_redf

14. Jim1454

Well - he probably is. Don't sweat it! I'm glad to hear you were able to be honest and share how you were feeling. Often us 'guys' are taught that we shouldn't do that... but in the end I think it's better to do so.

15. Mirko

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I am happy for you that you were able to tell someone how you feel about him. It takes a lot of courage to do that. That's great.

16. Psychedelic Bookmarks

Well done! You has da guts!