1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Do you believe in happy endings??

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by BdeBesta, Aug 16, 2008.

1. BdeBesta

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Until now, all the people to whom I had feeling for were supposedly "straight". I am just very tired of trying to find love, or my "gay-dar" is broken. this leads me to my question
    ->Do you believe in happy endings?

2. bluestlight

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I know how you feel but I'd like to believe that things do work out and people really can have a happy ending. Saying that I tend to try to always be an optimist but I also think that things tend to work themselves out in the end. They may not always be the way you want them to be at first, but when I look back at situations I tend to see the positive points and can see how things just may be for the better because of how they worked out.

3. Eponine

Well, I don't even like the phrase "happy ending" considering how the "ending" isn't exactly accurate. Just when is this ending achieved? When you die? Or right when everything feels right? Then what? I really don't think that you'd want to define your life by just a single moment, so you should strive for a happy life in general. Sure, having feelings for unavailable people can be a downer in life, but that doesn't mean you have to stay down. Take whatever you can from it and move forward.

There are positive aspects to life and it can suck if you're not in a relationship, but it is not a prerequisite to be happy. It would probably be more likely to find someone if you are more positive and happy with you life. Make the best out of exactly what you have, and stay reasonably optimistic. I do like to think that everything will work out in the end, but that doesn't mean I expect everything to be perfect and stay that way.

You can have a "happy ending" just as long as you think that it isn't obtained.

4. ColtonSmiths

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I know how you feel, it feels like my happy "ending" is never going to come either.

5. silentsound

I do believe in happy endings. But I think you ruin your chances of one if you stress about it too much. You have to remember that life is what happens while you are working towards your goals. You don't necessarily need a significant other right at this moment to be happy. Maybe I'm naive, but I believe that you will find the right person when you are ready, and you will have a wonderful life together. There's no rush. Enjoy your life, enjoy being single for a little while. Be patient, live your life and I have to believe that things will fall into place for you in time.

6. BitterEdge

BitterEdge Guest

It depends how you classify a happy ending. If you are in a place where you feel comfortable enough and are happy to be with a person even in bad times or if you are able to tough it out and be yourself to people...to me thats a happy ending.

I am not sure how to go about reaching my image of a happy ending though, but it can't hurt to make your life as much in your image as possible.

7. Bryan90

To all the non-believers of happy ending (lol just joking), here is my definition of happy ending,

To me, a happy ending is NOT:

a) a point in life where all troubles cease to exists

b) an actual "ending" where you die

c) a "climax" with a downhill ensuing

A happy ending is like a point in life where I would feel that I am confidant I can face all other challenges in my life from this point onwards because I have found the item that would complete the purpose of my life.

People always say "so what happens next after Cinderella meets her Prince? They return to their castle, and they have conflicts which they have to solve and problems which they have to face." The thing is, they return to the castle knowing that whatever conflicts lie ahead, they are more than ready to face it, and that they would have absolutely no true regret if they die.

It's not that I am not happy now, and would only be happy after my happy ending comes. It's that I am happy now, because I look forward to a happy ending, and while doing so, appreciate my family, my friends and all the things around me.

So to the key question, I do believe in happy endings, very much so, and will wait for it patiently because I know as of now, at the age of 18, I don't deserve it yet. :slight_smile:

8. Ronnie92

#8 Ronnie92, Aug 16, 2008
    Last edited: Aug 16, 2008
  9. Jebs

Happy endings are in movies or at awesome massage parlors... That is about it.

10. Jim1454

I firmly believe there is someone for everyone. My bf and I found each other mid way through life, and we simply couldn't be happier. Our paths were very different, and the events that lead to our meeting were in many ways different. The odds of us finding each other were 1,000,000,000 to 1 I'm sure, but we did anyway. And we both feel like we've found our soul mate.

So don't give up. Keep the faith. And stay positive - because if you're frowning when you happen upon YOUR soul mate, that person might turn around and head in the other direction!

You don't indicate your age, so I don't know if you're 15 or 51. Any elabouration on my response would be different depending on that. Good luck though, and welcome to EC!!!

11. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm with ND here.

In the movies, you meet the perfect person, the music swells, you dance (or head to the bedroom), the scenes fades to black, and THE END is written across the screen.

But in real life, even if you meet the perfect person, the music swells, you dance (or head to the bedroom)...life goes on. And you have to decide which side of the bed the prince(ss) sleeps on. And if you sleep with the window open. And what to do if one of you snores. And when's the alarm clock gonna be set for?

Here's a little fact of life for you all. Life doesn't come with problems. Life IS problems. Specifically, life is you handling problems. Everybody's got problems. Once you solve one problem, another one is going to take its place. And you can be just as stressed out over a small problem as someone else is over a big problem. (If you've seen the girl on that Sweet 16 show who felt her life was ruined when Mom gave her the wrong color car - at the wrong time, to boot! - well, you know what I'm getting at here.)

This fact isn't meant to depress you. Yeah, life is problems, but it can (and should) still kick serious ass. You just have to be aware of it. When people start believing in things like "happily ever after", they start thinking that life will be perfect and problem-free "if only". That once they get over this next hill, they'll have reached the promised land. But once they do, they see another hill, and they're crushed.

You just need to be realistic about life. That you'll always have problems to deal with. That's cool. Because as life goes on, you'll get better at problem-identification and problem-solving and problem-handling. Some problems can be handled quickly, others take months or years, others can only be "held at bay". But life can still kick ass while you handle them. :slight_smile:

Lex

12. Amy

Amy

so im going to, once agan, prove my obssesion with theatre, sondheim, and symbolism. this time, im using into the woods.

we have all heard the fairey tales that end up when everything is right and happy. thats act one finale of into he woods. the second act is what happens after "happily ever after". that when the giant comes down to avenge her husbands death and kill jack, while turning the kingdom upside down, displace many, causing the royal family to go to another kingdom --without cinderella, prince charming, rapunzel, or her prince-- and killing little reds granny. after a few rather depressing songs, jacks mom is killed while defending her son, the bakers wife cheats on her husband with the womanizing prince charming and gets killed, leavin her husband and child without a clue of what to do, rapunzel dies, causing the witch to, literally, lament over her mistakes, and forcing the baker, cinderella, jack and little red to kill the giantess. they do, and then its over.

needless to say, they are not happy, but its a happy ending. they are all at peace with the fact that they will have to start all over. they know that they have to rebuild their lives, work hard to get everything back that they lost.

that is what i call a happy ending. when you know that things arent the best the could possibly be, but you are at peace with that. those are the happy endings that i believe in.

trust me, eventually, you will find it.

and if you have not seen it, go on youtube and find it. the entire obc show is on. with bernadette peters and ben wright :grin:

and, yes, i am obsessed with this musical. i know every word to evry song, and all of the dialouge, and will randomly quote it throughout the day.

13. J Schuelke

Yeah, I believe people can find their happy ending, or as I like to call it, a Mr. Right( or Mrs.) For a while I felt the same way that you feel, that there was no one that you truly felt for. Eventually you will find someone that truly understands you and when that happens, you'll just know. Love is the type of thing that can't be rushed, celebrity marriages are a perfect example of that. The only thing you can do now is to just live your life with a sense of hope instead of dread, hope that you can and will find your Mr. Right. And yes it does take time, however all good things go to those who wait, and although some of us have found their one faster, I am still waiting patiently for the right guy. It all just comes down to how patient you are. Hope this helps in some way, shape, or form, and I wish you best of luck on finding your Mr. Right. :thumbsup: