1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Thinking about stuff :D

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by MycroftTARDIS, Jun 4, 2014.

1. MycroftTARDIS

So, I'm really nervous about coming out to my parents. My mom kinda guessed last month but I think she thinks I'm "experimenting" or something. I don't think she understands what being trans is...so I don't know. Also, I kinda want to change pronouns in high school but don't know how to go about doing that, as there's both a chance that I won't be in the country in high school (possible move to Britain!(!)). That will be a bit easier, saying to my friends who've never met me 'Hey, I'd love it if you used male pronouns with me', but there's the chance that we'll still be here and I'll have to explain to all my friends that I identify as a dude and that I'm gonna change my name to something male so use that and all that other stuff. Coming out on social media will be a bit easier but my dad uses Facebook and probably would see... argh! Slightly less urgent: I feel like going through the gym door for guys, but don't know what my PE teacher would think of that... he's a bit of an intolerant guy. Any advice? :help:

2. Najlen

If you are sure, and you are ready, then it isn't fair for you to have to deal with being called something you aren't. Do you think you are in a safe environment to come out? Will your parents be supportive? If yes to both, I think it would probably be fine. How did your mom react when she guessed? Also, just because it seems like she guessed doesn't mean she actually did, or believes her suspicions. I thought mine guessed last week, but I told her yesterday and she was pretty surprised. As for your gym teacher, if he doesn't want to let you, talk to his superiors and point out that they wouldn't want a biological male in the girls locker room or something like that. I think there has got to be some anti- discrimination law that covers situations like this as well. If you can find it, they can't say no.